What does my library account do?
All current students, faculty, and staff should have an account. Go to Research Central on the library's homepage and click the person icon next to the Research Central search button. Select "WWU Student, Faculty, & Staff Login" and sign in with your WWU username and password when prompted.
If you have any problems, contact Public Services.
An account allows you to:
- Put an item from our local collections On Hold to pick it up at the Library Information Desk.
- Place a Summit Request.
- Check your record for due items (Loans), available holds (Requests), etc.
- Check status of requested Summit items or local holds.
- Renew a library loan from anywhere at any time.
- Place a book that is checked out by someone else on hold so that you get it next.
- Check that your personal contact information is correct so that you receive library notifications.
- Save your preferred searches.
- Use the 'add this item' option (pin icon) to save titles to return to later - this can be a particularly useful function when using eBooks!
Sign in when you start to search the catalog to have access to full functionality.
Once you are signed in, you can search the catalog and return to your account at any time by clicking on your name at the top of the screen.
Connect with WWU Libraries
Online librarian assistance is available. Ask your question below, or use the email or chat options to connect with a librarian.
FAQ's that deal with physical library services (study rooms, circulation of material,etc), may reflect typical face-to-face instruction policies. For a list of services available during the COVID-19 closure, see our Current Services FAQ. If you have a question about a specific FAQ please reach out to us using one of the methods below.