How do I Use A to Z Full Text Finder to find the full-text of an article?
You found a citation to an article in one of the library's databases or through a bibliography. But it didn't have full-text. What can you do?
- Even if the article is not in the database you searched it may be available full-text in a different database.
- The library may subscribe to the journal in print or online format.
To find a specific article:
- Go to FullText Finder (Was Journals A to Z). Enter the journal title to search by journal title. (You can also browse through the index by using the alphabetical links given).
- If Walla Walla University Library has the journal then it will appear in the list.
- Under the journal title you will see links to take you to an online database, to online access through the publisher, or to the library's catalog where you can find information on the library's subscription to the journal. Note dates and volume/issue numbers to be sure the article you are looking for is available.
- If the title is a print subscription, go downstairs to the Periodicals Department on the lower level of the library. Most journals are shelved alphabetically in the department, but some titles are shelved elsewhere. So if you can't find the title, ask a staff member in the department. Photocopy machines are available to make a copy of the article.
- If the library doesn't have the article you are looking for, you may also request it through interlibrary loan.
Along with Full Text Finder you may use Google Scholar from the library's home page to help locate full-text of a specific article.
Connect with WWU Libraries
Online librarian assistance is available. Ask your question below, or use the email or chat options to connect with a librarian.
FAQ's that deal with physical library services (study rooms, circulation of material,etc), may reflect typical face-to-face instruction policies. For a list of services available during the COVID-19 closure, see our Current Services FAQ. If you have a question about a specific FAQ please reach out to us using one of the methods below.