Q. Can I access library books and media from a distance?
If you live in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho but not near College Place you have access to Summit libraries (for items local to that institution) or the Portland campus (for sending our books or Summit books for pickup).
If you live near the WWU Portland campus, we will send the book(s) to our Portland library where you will be able to pick them up and return them. For any item held by WWU libraries or Summit, you can use the 'Request' under Availability & Request Options, and select Portland as your pick-up location.
We cannot ship items to other Summit locations, however if you live near a Summit library (an academic library which which we are affiliated) in Washington, Oregon or Idaho (see http://orbiscascade.org/index/member-institutions for a list of these libraries), you can borrow items available at those institutions directly from the library itself.
If you live outside Washington, Oregon, or Idaho you may be eligible to have the books shipped directly to you. Because of length of shipment time (and cost) we only ship within the continental United States. (If you reside outside the continental US, please check with your local library to see if they can supply the book. Alternatively, check with your teacher to see if alternate titles that would be available from a local library would meet the requirements for your assignment.)
To use this service:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following
- Your name
- Your physical location (address) for the summer.
- Your ID number.Your Major.
- Your email and phone number.
- The name of the course you are currently enrolled in.
- The Citation information for the item, including call number and location if it is a book.
- We will verify your enrollment in this course and that your location is eligible for this service. Because of the extra costs involved we provide this service only for course related materials.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) will be included with your book. When you are finished with the item, you may place it in the SASE and return it to the library.
- Just as with items checked out in person, the item is checked out to your library account and you are responsible for ensuring that it is returned in a timely fashion to avoid overdues or lost book charges.
Once you have contacted our Interlibrary Loan Department, they will inform you of any additional policies and procedures.