How do I renew a Summit book?
Books checked out from Summit are checked out for up to 6 weeks (or 6 days for a short loan item) and can generally be renewed one time using the following procedures:
In Research Central:
- Login to your library account.
- Current students, staff, and faculty: Use WWU Student, Faculty, & Staff Login
- Alumni, community members, and Summit visiting patrons: Use Other Library Card Login
- Enter your username and password
- Current loans are listed in "LOANS" section
- Renew specific loans or select the "Renew all" option at the top of the page to renew everything at once
Generally an item will be renewed for the same amount of time as the original loan period but account expiration dates may limit renewal periods.
If you have questions or wish to speak with a staff member stop by the Library Information Desk during business hours. You may also call (509-527-2134) or email Public Services.
Connect with WWU Libraries
Online librarian assistance is available. Ask your question below, or use the email or chat options to connect with a librarian.
FAQ's that deal with physical library services (study rooms, circulation of material,etc), may reflect typical face-to-face instruction policies. For a list of services available during the COVID-19 closure, see our Current Services FAQ. If you have a question about a specific FAQ please reach out to us using one of the methods below.